View Single Post
Old
08-17-2005, 04:04 PM
quartermaster29

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtrash25
I guess it's possible, but you'd have to give me an example. I can't think of any that would fit your category. Plus, I don't think the Preds are in a position to take on much more salary right now. According to today's Tennessean, they want to take advantage of the max revenue share, which means they are already close to their self-imposed salary cap. If the Tennessean is correct, once signing Hall and Erat, they'll have just a little bit of wiggle room to maybe make a move during the season and still get the max revenue share money. So in other words, they would probably only trade Erat for a player making the same money. So that takes your scenario off the table, IMO.
OK..

Handzus is rumored (elsewhere?) to be on the trading block due to the Cap. The Flyers want a winger. Guess we have one here, right?

Now... this is assuming we sign Erat for at near his QO. That should fit Philly fine I think. A promising young fire like Erat for an older (but still servicable) center that they need to unload because of Cap$.

But, to satisfy my curiosity, don't we have Erat's rights regardless? So we could technically trade his rights to Philly?