Thread: OT: HF Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Furiousz Czerkawski
Wyklef, playboy.

vCash: 500
Innis and Gunn is pretty fantastic. So is the stuff from Brooklyn Brewery I've had their Brown Ale and their Lager, and the latter is one of my favourites. Definitely worth trying and the one I'd recommend. You can get the Brown Ale at the Sugar Bowl, but I haven't found any Brooklyn beers at any liquor stores in town (though I'm sure you can probably get it at Sherbrooke.)

Discovered the Lager in, of all places, a liquor store in a pretty shady-looking part of Winnipeg. (I was in town at a conference, it was in walking distance from my hotel.) It was also at this same conference that I became acclimated with Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Somehow, chocolate and beer work really well together.

Trying out local area microbrews is also a great thing to do whenever you go somewhere new. Best one I've had, thus far, is at a restaurant in Burnaby called Anton's Pasta (and the food is quite fantastic as well.) I believe it was a Pale Ale back when I went, but I don't see it on their menu anymore, so they might not brew that particular one right now. Sad, if that's the case.

Also, perhaps it's entirely a psychological thing, but I had one Guinness ("a proper Guinness," as my Irish friend would say) at a pub in Dublin called The Long Hall, and it was better than any Guinness I've had poured over here. Fuller and creamier, I found.

Furiousz Czerkawski is offline   Reply With Quote