Old
05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You're kidding right? ISS lists look like that every year, this is the kinda thing you read from a draft newbie, not you. So maybe you have a bias towards this draft, eh?
If you took time to think for a second, you'd realize it's not just the ISS lists that are changing. The U18s are having more of an impact on player placement in this draft than I can remember in recent years. Guys simply have nothing really to go on with a lot of these players for whatever reason (be it a crappy goaltending or defensive pool throughout the draft) and the U18s are causing a staggering amount of changes in stock. We have seen a guy like Biggs fall straight out of the top 30 based off of a mediocre tournament when he was in the teens. This is not the U20s, where it's expected to see a lot of player movement. The fact that you are not scared of this draft is just insane to me. I would be terrified if I was a pro scout and my reputation was on the line with an early pick.

Some teams will always find gems in the draft. I'd much prefer to move the picks for established talent at this point, even if it meant losing a bit of value on the picks due to the nature of the draft. There will ALWAYS be teams out there willing to move good players for picks -- even if the draft is crap.