View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If you took time to think for a second, you'd realize it's not just the ISS lists that are changing. The U18s are having more of an impact on player placement in this draft than I can remember in recent years. Guys simply have nothing really to go on with a lot of these players for whatever reason (be it a crappy goaltending or defensive pool throughout the draft) and the U18s are causing a staggering amount of changes in stock. We have seen a guy like Biggs fall straight out of the top 30 based off of a mediocre tournament when he was in the teens. This is not the U20s, where it's expected to see a lot of player movement. The fact that you are not scared of this draft is just insane to me. I would be terrified if I was a pro scout and my reputation was on the line with an early pick.

Some teams will always find gems in the draft. I'd much prefer to move the picks for established talent at this point, even if it meant losing a bit of value on the picks due to the nature of the draft. There will ALWAYS be teams out there willing to move good players for picks -- even if the draft is crap.
"If you took the time to think for a second...." Hello to you as well old friend !

ISS has historically gone against ALL the major prospect evaluators. That list you may have a point, the others, are not as radical as you make them out to be, every year THN, Redline, etc all have separate and different takes on the first round. One only has to look at the last 3 drafts to realize just as many players had THE SAME ups and downs as this one. Not in the top 5? Yeah well Johansen and Fowler say hello from 2010

If anything we should be thrilled if this draft class is a hard read, not like we have a top 5 pick, its #15, anything could happen in a draft like this. How you continually discount it cause of 17 and 18 yr olds performance until this date is just mind-blowing coming from a know it all like you ! Take it from this know it all !