Thread: Some positives.
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
There's only been 2 bad games. I'm still pretty excited about this season ... I think he(York) just needs to remember his game. It's been disrupted for so long, he just needs to remember.
Plus watching Guerin and Modano both miss the gaping open net while watching the STARS lose to Boston was delightful. Boy is Turco looking very pedestrian in goal for Dallas. Tommy is looking much better. I think we can cut Torres a little slack on getting bummed out of a goal by Mcklennan(spelling?). Raffi's first goal showed some nice hand to eye co-ordination.

Hopefully, the Sabres being banged-up a bit will help the hometown Oil-riggers drill some holes to the black gold, turning Buffalo's end of the ice into a red light district, with Sirens wailing and the 'Oil' on fire offensively. Could be Mythic in proportions. Laraque tossing thunderbolts around like Zeus and Smyth impersonating Hermes the Greek messenger god, he of the winged feet, with bad news and the Sabres blades snapped as the Copper & Blue hammer Buffalo into Hockey's Hades on this fine fall night.

Hey but no pressure boys, the journey for the Golden Fleece is a long and arduous quest and we must remember to enjoy each and every stop and detour along the way.