View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 07:03 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Overall, yeah Trotts is probably a bit better than Henri. At even strength? I'm not so sure.
Overall he is easily better. Even strength is debatable.

Quote:
Yeah, they are similar . Both are great complimentary players for a first line (I think Phillips gets a little bit of an edge here though). I wouldn't want either to be the primary triggerman on a top line though, which is what you have Rick doing.
Trottier is a 500 goal scorer in his career. I think he knows his way around the net a little bit, too. I'm not sure why he is constantly discounted as a goal scorer in this, even if he was a better playmaker.

Quote:
Come on now. You know that Gillies wasn't an agitator. He was a defensively responsible power forward who played with dignity. I'd be worried about someone like Tikkinen getting to Richard, not Gillies.
Let us not pretend that you need to speak Tikanese to get under the Rocket's skin. Gillies running into him at every opportunity is going to give us PP chances. No doubt about it. Apart from being one of the greatest goalscorers ever, Richard was a loose canon (thanks seventies ):

Quote:
I like the MacLeish / Robert combo. I think it works. But it provides significantly less secondary scoring than NJ's 2 secondary scoring lines.
That depends on how people rate your 60s Russians compared to NHLers.

Your third line definitely has more offensive upside than mine, but mine wasn't designed to have much. That is one place our blueprints differed for sure.

Quote:
Ugh. There were only four notable LWs who played this whole period - Ogrodnick, Propp, Goulet, and Tonelli. Ogrodnick is barely ahead of Tonelli or 4th, and Tonrlli isn't drafted for his (regular season) offense alone like Ogrodnick.

Ogrodnick was 14th in Goals per game and 15th in Points per game over his career among left wings who played at least 200 games. In an extremely poor era for left wings to boot.
200 games over a 13 seasons?

Set it at even 400 games over an equal 10 year span and Ogrodnick is still 5th.

If we look at the span of Herbie Lewis career (which also favours him being 10 seasons) he is 6th in points per game among left wingers and that is being maintained over 3 less seasons.

There is really no way around the fact that not much separates them in overall offensive production: 10-15%. Lewis gets the nod for sure as a playmaker and a bit overall.. but he is winning by a bit, not a lot.

Quote:
Not to mention that Ogrodnick is a triggerman without a playmaker to get him the puck in prime scoring position.
Not an ideal one, true. He does have two decent ones though.

Quote:
What big war years for Coulter? Are you thinking about Pratt? Coulter played at the same time as Eddie Shore and Earl Seibert. I know Desjardins is your 2nd best guy but I think he's more comparable to Pratt in terms of talent and role than he is to Coulter.
Whoops yes, I was mixing him up with Pratt!

Quote:
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Boyle has clearly surpassed Steve Smith by now in terms of overall impact. He's much better than your bottom pairing guys, as well.
That depends if his talents match up with the role he is playing. I don't think he brings an awful lot more to the table playing #6 and PP then the guys I have in their roles.

Quote:
Eh... Forgetting about Patrick Roy? Regardless, I have a lot of respect for Broda's work in the playoffs. That's why I'm graciously giving you a very small edge in goal for the playoffs,, despite Gardiner's likely superior regular season resume and the fact that he was outstanding in the playoffs, as well.
Well I did say "a" premier money goalie.. not the only one.

Last edited by BraveCanadian: 05-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote