Old
05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You were misinformed, it happens, not a crime although JOn might have you tried as a draft time criminal

Saad has shown flashes of brilliant play, that is the gist of it. Plenty of players have had bad years and were called lazy and whatever else you want to label an 18 yr old as yet still gone on to be players.

And I can most certainly question anyone who brings up that regressed skating quote. How can anyone not understand that the injury WAS the 'oddly enough' part of the equation ?

I feel I must add, 'this is not an endorsement for Saad as our 1st round pick'.
The injury happened in January. By all accounts it is behind him, yet his skating has gotten worse even after the injury time passed. He's gone back to his older, choppier skating again. That problem seemed to be fixed this year, but perhaps the groin injury is a LONG term injury that will be a pain in his skating stride for some time? It's possible, but something does not add up with his skating at all. There is something wrong somewhere. Be it in how hard he is trying (and I wouldn't put it past him to not want to play through pain as we have seen him wilt under pressure all year) or there will be lasting effects with the injury.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote