View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 09:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Where are they going to play? Right now, I've got a lineup looking something like this:

Hornqvist-Fisher-Kostitsyn
Erat-Legwand-???
Wilson-Geoffrion-Halischuk
Spaling-Smithson-Tootoo
O'Reilly

O'Reilly is likely trade bait after the way Geoffrion played down the stretch, but even then, we still only have one hole in our everyday lineup, and that's assuming Lombardi isn't healthy AND Dumont is traded or bought out AND Radulov remains in Ufa AND we don't retain Ward.

We simply don't have the space to make a big play in free agency. If a trade opens up, that's different, but most of our FA signings will be guys for Milwaukee.
I think if Geoffrion is ever going to be more than another Spaling\Halischuk, he needs to spend some more time in Milwaukee rounding out his offensive game. There's simply no reason to rush him, and after a hot start, he sort of faded into oblivion. I would like to see Halischuk even get some more time with the Ads working on the same, but understand that his lot has likely been cast.

Just saying, with all of the fuss that's been made by not only fans, but Weber and to some extent, Poile, you can't really shy away from adding scoring to your team because you're worried it will displace Matt Halischuk...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote