View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 12:02 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
BC will point to the defensive abilities of his depth forwards, but I'm not sure they are actually better.

•Herbie Lewis is significantly better defensively than anyone on Guelph's second line. MacLeish is defensively responsible, but that just covers for Ogrodnick.

•Who is better defensively, McPhee or Doan? I could be out to lunch here, as I never saw McPhee and he doesn't appear to have a Selke record. I guess McPhee is more proven in the playoffs at least (though Doan was excellent in a defensive role in international play). BC, you could change my mind with this one.

•Lebedev's a "grinder," but his defensive play appears completely unknown.

•Poulin is an excellent 3rd line checking center. He was an elite penalty killer, but how much better was his even strength defense than Selke runner up Handzus who was merely a good PKer? Edit: I realized this may not be fair to Poulin who was much more prolific in the playoffs than Handzus. And he's a third liner vs. 4th liner so he'll have more of an impact. So yeah, Poulin is definitely the most impactful defensive player in the bottom 6.

•MacKell and Gelinas are both "responsible" at even strength (MacKell being a top notch PKer).

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 05-17-2011 at 12:11 AM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote