View Single Post
Old
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Flinn vs Parros

link

The Kings will have two heavyweights in camp Ryan Flinn and George Parros with only room for one. The younger and less experienced "Princeton Pugilist" Parros is not about to make it easy on Flinn, who was out all but 14 games last season with a foot injury. Flinn has 29 NHL games under his belt. Parros has none. Last season Parros had 15 goals and 9 assists, a career-high 24 points. He played 73 of a possible 86 games.
"The feeling I'm getting right now is we're battling for a spot," said Parros. "I don't know if they're leaning one way or the other. (The Kings) haven't said and they probably won't say. I'm going to go into training camp and work my hardest and try to earn a spot. Make them not be able to give me the spot."

Will Parros fight Flinn? The two have never duked it out.

"I don't know," Parros laughed.

"We'll see. Flinner and I have never fought," said Parros. "I'm just going to see how camp goes. If we're doing battle drills and it gets chippy or something and he's looking to, I'm not going to back down, for sure. It could happen or it could not. I don't know.

"You usually save your fights for the others but that's not a golden rule," Parros said.

I think this duel is worth a poll...isn't it?