View Single Post
Old
05-16-2011, 11:52 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think if Geoffrion is ever going to be more than another Spaling\Halischuk, he needs to spend some more time in Milwaukee rounding out his offensive game. There's simply no reason to rush him, and after a hot start, he sort of faded into oblivion. I would like to see Halischuk even get some more time with the Ads working on the same, but understand that his lot has likely been cast.
Geoffrion I could see, since O'Reilly never really got healthy and Bam-Bam was played as much out of necessity as anything, but Halischuk has earned his spot. He played at a 36 point pace, which is about what Wilson put up with an extra three minutes of average ice time. He doesn't have Wilson's tremendous offensive potential, but the guy has the ability to be a consistent 40-45 point contributor, and I would much rather pay him $950k than pay $2.55M for a guy like Curtis Glencross.

We unquestionably have the assets to make a trade, and Dumont could potentially free up some cash for us, but unless Simon Gagne is willing to take a dramatic pay cut, there just aren't any good buys out there in the free agent market for us to try to fix our scoring problems, and throwing money at an inconsistent player like Ryder or a glorified grinder like Upshall is only going to be a marginal improvement, if it's an improvement at all.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote