View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Double XX L

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think your view of that series is pretty dillusional. Boston got to where they are because they have skill, maybe we have more and should have won but a lot of our skill was banged up or not playing at all(Markov Pacioretty Gorges Wisniewski Eller etc) and they still needed quite a few lucky bounces(look at the OT winners) to beat us.

While I agree that we need a bit more size and nastiness, that's doesn't mean that Boston completely overwhelmed us with size and physicality. I think we could use a pure enforcer(use 800k-1mil) and mean defenseman. Boston's best players were the smurf line(Recchi Marchand Bergeron) plus Ryder and Peverley, Horton and Lucic were pretty much non factors except for a couple of lucky bounce goals by Horton.

I have to laugh at commenting on the Diaz signing in a negative way. Just because our need at the NHL level is a bit more size and belligerance that you completely stop trying to add other elements to your farm system, very narrow minded way of seeing things.
I think alot of people forget how Kelly ( a grinder) had the career series against us.

GWG were Horton, Horton, Ryder, Peverley So 3 of those guys who DIDNT beat us, certainly put the stake in our hearts.

I would not be nearly as annoyed if we did FOCUS on anything else other than soft undersized but albeit 'quick' players.

We need guys with an edge... But all the time, it is overlooked. That is why I am annoyed. Not once has a GM looked at a need and addressed it properly.