View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I know, I know... and Kostitsyn is the next coming of Ovechkin. I get it...

Funny the two standards between young players and veterans. Veterans make mistakes, that's okay. Young players, with little experience, those who are supposed to be making mistakes in learning the play at this level, don't get the same leeway.
Very true. Espescially not in Montreal. There is NO LEEWAY for young guys. Another thing I tire of in this management mix.

Pouliot being benched, and letting Moen play top 6 minutes is wrong. period.

Who is going to score the goals?

Gomez & Gionta just know that this is a problem. It's visual on the ice.
Gio hasnt passed the puck since god knows when. Gomez goes over the o-line and looks lost.

Somehow it always falls on the players, when it's the coaches job to maximize results. Not give up on a player 75+ games in to a season.

I dont know how many expect Benny to put up points, when he spent 1/2 the year playing less than 10 minutes a game. That makes no sense to me.

Just to give some an idea... The Leafs gave Grabo a chance to work the bugs out of his game. They didnt bench him, they just kept him going. This year, his game was better than BOTH the brothers we kept instead of him. That is how a coach instills confidence in his players. Continuous faith, until it's enough.

How much is enough? Well, that's for the GM to decide.