View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
cfaub

vCash: 500
Campbell to Sarnia does not make sense to me from either side.

Windsor won't get what they feel Campbell should be worth at this point in the off season. Deadline may be a different story but he will have to show he is worth what Windsor is hoping for.

As for Sarnia if they are not looking at making a big push this season then they should be looking at another 17 year old to split time with Hope. Teichman will be looking to be the starter in his third year so that won't help Hope getting minutes. If Teichman backs him up then he is likely not too happy with the situation.

If I am Sarnia I go to Barrie for Chartrand or Malecki. Both 18 year olds that will never be more than back ups in the league unless they have breakout years. They know their role and will get some decent time in Sarnia but Hope will definitely be the starter. Cheap back up to Hope and two guys who are likely looking for a place to get in some time. If those two don't fit the bill then there are likely a few other third year back ups out there for a cheap price who will do the same thing, play 1 out of every 4 games or so just to give Hope a bit of a break every now and then.

Campbell, Teichman or someone else who is an 18 year old looking for or deserving of a starters role will not help Sarnia develop Hope.