View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
I'm sure they are OK with it, but I don't think there is a huge difference between the song and Basha. Both can be said to infringe Habs IP rights. NHL went after one, but not the other.

That being said, I believe Basha is still in the wrong, but just a curious decision. If this is the NHL acting alone, then I understand. If the Habs are involved, then less so.
There is a difference, but I'd say it's like comparing apples and bowling balls. One is benefiting from singing about the Habs and their fans. While the other is benefiting by using the Habs logo and incorporating into their business.

In other words, Annakin Slayd isn't claiming to be affiliated with the Habs. While Basha, innocent or not, is claiming to be by using the Habs logo in his advertising banner.

I'm not sure, because I've read two articles about this so far. One says the NHL is involved, the other states that this was started by the Habs.