05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Mestaruus
Winland

vCash: 500
Wtb resticky for this thread!

My team Finland would be:

T.Ruutu - M.Koivu - Leino
Vatanen - Lydman (PP: Vatanen+Niskala)

Korpikoski - Immonen - Granlund (<-- PP1 and the real #1 line when it comes down to scoring expectations)
Timonen/Niskala - Pitkänen

Pulkkinen/J.Jokinen - Filppula - Bergenheim
Niskala/Lepistö - O.Väänänen

Philström - Nokelainen - Komarov
Lepistö/Söderholm - Välivaara

Reserves: N.Kapanen, Petrell, Hartikainen, J.Jokinen

Rinne
Niemi
Bäckström/Kiprusoff/Vehanen/etc

Pulkkinen needs to convince me still and keep progressing. I'd probably promote him into the playing squad if he did so. He'd go instead of J.Jokinen who was a disappointment last time when he played for team Finland. I don't think Pulkkinen could be put in line #2 (other than power play) because I really don't want to break Immonen+Granlund and the line needs a physical player like Korpikoski and i'm also not convinced how well Pulkkinen can defend. Korpikoski should be great in front of the goalie. Pulkkinen will be replacing Korpikoski on the powerplay, shooting one timers in of the passes of Granlund/Immonen.

Kapanen would be in playing squad right now but something tells me he wont be as good in couple of years as he is now. If he stays good he has a chance to replace Nokelainen in #4, really tough choise which one to center that line. Also Petrell/Hartikainen/Philström fight for the same spot and it's really close.

Since Lydman and Väänänen will be replaced for powerplay it's only good as they will be playing short handed alot if needed.

Last edited by Mestaruus: 05-18-2011 at 06:29 AM.