Thread: OT: Jaromir Jagr
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2011, 11:01 PM
skymachine

vCash: 500
Jagr was definitely a puck carrier. Rather than depending on quick feet and soft hands like Nylander, Jagr used his large frame and strength. Both were very effective puck carriers, and complemented each other greatly.

The nostalgic part of me wants to see Jagr as a Ranger. The realistic part of me wants to continue moving on from this era. Jagr's production declined each year he was here, and while he was a great leader he just didnt seem to have that same fire in 2008 when it was apparent that the new wave of "leadership" was taking over. Jagr needs to be "the guy", unless maybe he changed his perspective over the past few years. Plus I would be surprised if he would be ready to return physically and mentally to a league that is physically and skill-wise way ahead of the KHL. Three years is a long time for someone his age.

Despite this, I would love to see him return to the NHL, with any team. Watching him play is always a treat, one of my favorite players of all time. Plus he has a unique sense of humor off the ice that is unmatched.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote