View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What veteran players are you talking about? Pouliot is our worst defensive forward and the one that makes the most turnovers in the neutral zone, he is also up there as the most inconsistant player on the team.
Really? Based on what exactly? Kostitsyn was the forward with the most turnovers this season with 38. Cammalleri had 31, Gomez 28 and Eller 25. Those players were models of consistency this season, weren't they?!? Pouliot had... 14 turnovers all year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure how he qualifies as a "young" player, he'll be 25 before opening night and has 5 pro years under his belt, we're not talking about a 20 year old right out of junior.
Allow me to add to this: Pouliot was 24 this year (and he'll be 30 in about 5 years, so what?) . And you say 5 years pro years experience? NHL years is what counts as it's a huge step from the AHL to the NHL.

2006-07: 3 games
2007-08: 11 games
2008-09: 37 games
2009-10: 53 games
2010-11: 79 games

Is THAT what you call 5 years experience? Really???

The fact is that the guy is young and still learning. I'm not taking any blame away from him for his inconsistency. But I am certainly saying that he needs to play, he needs to be put out there, be allowed to make mistakes like the vets are, in order to learn and gain that experience if we want him to succeed. Otherwise, he'll turn into another Ribeiro, Ryder, Sergei and D'Agostini and have success elsewhere.