Thread: NT Coach
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Swipes

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
So as we all know..Bykov transformed our losers into a team that won gold twice. He breathed new life into the stagnation of our national team and it showed in our guys. As a fan I can safely say that we are all grateful to him. But now it seems the wind in our NT's sails has subsided, so what do we do now? Do we keep Bykov? If not, who can possibly replace him? Do we look out side our border? Also, I once saw Dmitri Kalinin buy 5 printers at a Best Buy in Amhest NY. Is that kind decision making the reason for our poor defense?

p.s. the last part is just a joke..although a true story.
Apparently Milos Riha is one of the candidates according to hokej.cz. This would be good for two reasons a) he's a good coach, has made a name for himself in the KHL and has a good idea of Russian players. Plus he could maybe integrate young guys too, as this seems to have been the main criticism of Bykov, if my memory serves me well.
b) A reason not related to Russia and a bit OT: When the time comes for Hadamczik to leave, he'll already have international experience and should do a good job for our national team (should he be chosen).

Quote:
Dmitri Kalinin buy 5 printers at a Best Buy in Amhest NY

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote