Thread: OT: HF Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentz0r View Post
I was a bar manager at Original Joe's for a couple of years, and had the pleasure of bringing in whatever imports I wanted. Sampled a lot, and brought in a lot of great beers. Unfortunately our supplier was on Stony Plain rd, so that doesn't really give you a solution to the long drive to pick up good beer.
What you can do though, is check out http://www.liquorconnect.com which used the be the alberta liquor guide. You can look for particular items and bring up lists of stores that have previously ordered that item. I've found a few things on there and just called around to see where it was available and in stock.

As far as awesome beers go, I agree with Innis and Gunn! Such a solid and unique beer.
If you're into darks the St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout is unreal. Very dark and a bit heavy, but the flavors are great.
If you haven't tried anything from Unibroue out of Quebec, you should do yourself a favor. Pretty much all of their beers are refermented in the bottle, and have a higher alcohol content, but if you drink them in the right glass they are another one of those unique, crazy flavorful beers.

I have many more suggestions if you want them! Original Joe's used to use my old order guide, but they have changed things quite a bit since I left, but they still have a pretty solid selection. Also the Sugar Bowl has a great selection of imports, and some amazing beers on tap as well and is located just off 109th street just south of the high level bridge.

Happy drinking!
just because you worked there doesn't mean you were the manager. It must have been a large step backwards working for me. tisk tisk fibber. lol

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote