View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 02:12 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
There is also a thread in the KHL subforum about the situation in which a few Russian posters have said the same thing. One presented a link, but the story is in Russian.

Not to be "that guy" who is still stuck in the Cold War or anything, but I have a hard time believing much of anything coming out from the Russian media surrounding something like this. The team has plenty of reason to lie in order to save face. The sponsors do, too. The local government does, too, in all honesty. And by the way, I'm 26 so I wasn't even alive for the height of the Russia hating, and by the time I was old enough to know what was going on we had moved on to hating Iraq.

To qualify that a bit, I have a hard time believing anything that comes out of Radulov's mouth, too, so I'm not getting my hopes up for anything at all
Similar age, and I also don't think you can trust much of what comes out Radulov or the Russian government and by extension its heavily subsidized KHL teams. Radulov appears to play to his audience, and Russia is considered more corrupt than most of Africa (generally considered the most corrupt continent by a landslide) according to the Corruption Perception Index.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote