Thread: OT: Jaromir Jagr
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
I remember talk about who was going to play with whom but not sure how that translated into "excitement" about it.

I know there were quite a few Drury or Gomez fans that were excited......however, the Jagr fans realized on July 1st what a mistake it was.....and that feeling remains just as strong today as it did then.

I actually got banned from the official NYR board b/c I told everyone what a huge mistake it was......but all the 'experts' told me how wrong I was and that the future of the team was in Drury's hands.....

It's a hell of a lot easier playing monday morning quarterback than it is correctly foreshadowing what the future holds. I understood the excitement of some but knew those two bums were a mistake and wouldn't mess well with Jags.

If Nylander was not going to be re-signed (a move I still agree with), it should have been Robert Lang singed to play with Jagr.....I said it then and I'll say it now.
I agree with you i was in the same vote at the time. However Nylander could have been signed if he was willing to accept a 2 year contract if not Lang would have been a good option and maybe add a cheaper FA. Gomez signing i dont think was terrible the guy is still a decent player but that would require signing a guy like Lang in Nyls was not signed.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote