View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I agree with everyone who says Vokoun is the ideal fit because he will likely be cheaper and shorter term. However...

If signing Bryz to a 5 year deal is what it takes to make SURE we get 1 of the 2 of them, you have to do it. Who knows if Vokoun is even on the Flyers' radar, or vice versa. Negotiations may not work out there. In which case, you can't let an extra year or 2 stop you from getting Bryz because you have Bob in the pipeline. Worst case is we have a Vancouver situation with a great Vet and a young, starting caliber guy behind him and all of a sudden we have a trade chip.

All I'm saying is, I'm not saying "no way" to Bryz at a longer term just because of Bob. If that ends up being our only option for whatever reason, you don't not pull the trigger because of Bob.
I agree 100%. Just careful with the offers. Sather sent Gomez and Drury matching deals via Fax. The acceptance came back at the exact same time and was a binding contract, so he had signed both. He sent them out thinking he wanted one but to be safe he sent to both and ended up with both. Imagine if Homer did the same, we go from Boucher/Leighton to Bryzgalov/Vokoun. Now, that would be funny.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote