View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
I'm also of the I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it ilk. Talk is cheap. We heard plenty of it in the preseason, all about how this was a new team with a new attitude anxious to put last year's failures behind them, with Lindros and Holik leading the way with bounceback years. Well, they opened the seasons by taking a 3-1 against an undermanned Wild team, then bending over and letting their opponent take it to them with 4 unanswered goals. One would think they would have been anxious to avenge such a performance, but in the next game against Columbus, they bent over from the opening faceoff.

The Rangers play 10 of their next 12 at home, with more than half of those games coming against teams that missed the playoffs last year. It's time for them to make a statement with their play rather than with blabbering cliches to the press. The players need to get serious about playing hard, and Sather needs to get serious about imposing consequences for those who don't, no matter who they are or how much money they make.
You know all of this could have been partially avoided in the first place if this team believed in competition from the spots. I'm sure Simon really felt his position was threatened in the organization. Same with Rucinsky, etc.

Guy got first line icetime all through the preseason and put up what? two assists? something like that. if he was under 25 you can be sure of two things.

1. he never would have even sniffed the first line.
2. his performance wasnt going to get him on this team.

yeah yeah he's a proven nhl'er, blah blah , blah. that idea has worked wonderfully for 6 years now. rucinsky is a one dimensional player whose only dimension is 15 goals and 40 points with EVERY possible chance given to him.