View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74
Right now, the Oilers and Habs just do not make good trading partners because they are too similar. They are different enough in that the Oilers have some grit type players Montreal needs, but won't be traded; and Montreal has fast depth guys and young defenseman that Edmonton needs but won't be traded.

As for Garon. Keep dreaming. It was Lowe's own fault for letting Markannen go, now you're fishing for a backup. Conklin is a good backup, no more. Kind of in the Craig Billington mold.

By the deadline Perrault is probably gone, ditto for Audette
I am not fishing for a back-up I am fishing for a potential starter should we have to trade Salo($3.9million and 32yrs old) I was thinking we should get a two goalie tandem with each goalie having starting potential because the market is so flooded with potential no.1's right now. We could probably move Salo to St.Louis,Colorado, or possibly Carolina+New York+Phillidelphia+NYI depending on how there new/current goalies work for them. I have faith that Conklin is better than Markannen he had such a great playoffs for the Bulldogs and Lowe trade Markannen as a result of this.