View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
A lot of people are going to have a little bit of both. I'm a diehard Ranger fan through and through. I recognize that you need to give something up to get something in return, but it's definitely okay to root for the players that gave it their all during their time here.

Consider this... it's not Blair Betts' fault that Sather had no respect for him, and 99% of the people here would've liked him to re-sign here two years ago. If last year's Stanley Cup finals went to game 7, and game 7 went to overtime, and in OT, Blair Betts got tripped up on a breakaway and was awarded a penalty shot, I think it'd be really hard to root against him in that situation, despite the ugly colors he was wearing.

On the flip side, who here actually rooted for Lindros when he was a Ranger? I was hoping for a concussion before his skates ever touched the ice. Ranger or not, I just could not stand the person.
Not only would I hope Betts missed the penalty shot, but directly on the next shift the other team came back and scored to end the game.

The only time i'll ever cheer in a situation like that is if Hank is 37 and cupless, so I guess that means I consider some players more "Ranger" like the original post asks.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote