Thread: ESPN: Philly and goalies
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
First off, Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie in the league. You can say what you want about him but he is consistantly in the top 5 in goalie stats every single year since coming to the NHL, he is the only goalie in history to have 6 straight 30+ win seasons, plays with an offensively challenged team, steals games for the rangers constantly with evidence to his 11 shutouts this season, which by the way is close to 1/3rd of his wins. Say what you want but i dont see a better goalie out there. Rinne had 1 good year, Tim Thomas and Luongo play for an outstanding team. Id say miller is the only one who is neck and neck with lundqvist for best in the league.

Hell no would the ranger trade lundqvist for just one of Carter or Giroux. First carter is a perenial 60pt player. I would love Giroux but it would take more than just him sorry. By the way, lets see what happens with Richards this offseason before making any remarks about the rangers center positions. We do still have Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle. They may not be #1 centers but they are very good #2 centers.

Like i said before, this is the trade i would propose..

Rangers Trade:
Lundqvist
Boyle

Flyers Trade:
Giroux
Carter/Richards
Absolutely not. Under no circumstances do you get Giroux and Carter/Richards for Lundqvist and Boyle. Never.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote