Old
05-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I get what you're saying ...
No offense, but I'm not sure you do CNS ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It seems like the rating remains about the same, but only the faces change. What makes the new analysis any more credible than the old one was?
... to me at least, THIS is PSP's point of it all, the WE'VE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE but have Never seen the "Promised Land Highway" of the annual HF Prospect rating analysis.

What PSP is getting at is that ...

This year it's ... Schenn, Forbort, Toffoli, Weal, Kitsyn, Deslauriers, Vey, etc.
Last year it was ... Teubert, Voynov, Czarnik, Wudrick, Loktionov Hickey, Moller
The year before it was ... Bernier, Hickey, Moller, Simmonds, Lewis, Ryan, etc.
Before that it was ... Quick, Fast, Hersley, McGinnis, Tukonen, Lukacevic
Before that it was ... Brown, Boyle, Tambellini, Pushkarev, Grebeshkov
Before that it was ... Cammalleri, Frolov, Lehoux, Karlsson, Steckel, Lilja, Petiot, Rome, Huet
Before that it was ... Pavel Rosa, Aki Berg, Corvo, Kaberle, Barney, Parros, Storr, etc and on and on and on ...

Point being, for MANY years the Kings supposedly had a wealth of talented prospects that were going to have an impact on the Kings, if not the NHL, and help lead us to a Stanley Cup ... well, as Bon 'PSP' Jovi put it , "it's all the same, only names and faces change ... yet it seems we're wasting away". In the end it's nice to have a highly rated prospect pool, but the only result that matters is the final one, and we've been teased before, and are still left waiting for our first Cup.

Note ... I'm not trying to be all 'PSP' pessimistic even though I'm sure it's coming off that way, I think it's great we've got the #1 ranked prospect pool as well as a current team that's a playoff level caliber team ... it should make for a strong bright future. Just we've seen it before, or at least close to it, only to have it mean nothing and then be torn down, called crap and be rebuilt yet again ... we'll see if we stay on path and can get better results this time.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote