Thread: Prospect Info: 2011-2012 Prospect Talk
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
doublechili

vCash: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
You know nothing about the kind of person Jason is, so I'd be careful what you say there.

To the people talking about his lack of commitment (i.e breaking the Denver commitment, leaving school early, etc...) ... you really don't know ANYTHING about those situations and to say he's not committed is pretty close to the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Sometimes you have to put yourself first and do what's best for yourself.

He's a great kid who is ready to play in the NHL and deserves the opportunity to make a team out of camp and not get stuck in the AHL, like everyone seems to want to stick him.

Oh, and he never said he wasn't going to sign with the Isles. He said he wants to explore his options. Who can blame him with all the fwd prospects?
You may want to check Gregoire's history. He appears to be a guy who needs a bit of seasoning when he goes to the next level. I don't see anything in his past that suggests he'll be able to make the jump from the NCAA directly to the NHL and earn the money he and his agent probably want.

BTW, he is within his rights to do what he's doing (putting himself first, as you put it). That doesn't mean we have to like it, and that doesn't mean it's the best thing for him in the long-term. Things have a funny way of coming around. Look at Blake Wheeler. He did the same thing to Phoenix, signed with Boston, and now he's on Atlanta which is the only team in worse shape than Phoenix. Gregoire may be a great kid, but great kids can make mistakes.