View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 02:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The reason I ask is that the Islander have a roster filled out already for the next season but could really use a new Vet leader. The Roster is mostly younger guys with limited experience. Even with that fact the roster is set. Most guys belive that they could use a vet scorer but the only real place is if someone can do better than PA Parenteu on the first line with Moulson and Tavares.

PA Put up reslectable numbers last year (81GP-20G-33A-53P). Unfortunartly he is a filler at best for the Islanders as he has no other role with the team. In my eyes he is the one guy that could be replaced on offence. I think this si where a good vet could come in. It would be on a limited basis a year or two as the Islanders have many prospects that could fill the spot but really need a Vet now to bring them together. In my mind I was thinking of Sturm, Dumont or the like.

Right now the Islanders Offence looks like;

Moulson - Tavares - *Parenteau*
Grabner - Bailey/Nielsen - Okposo
Niederrieter - Bailey/Nielsen - Comeau
Martin - Konopka - Joensuu/Haley

I also heard that Nashville fans wanted to buy out Dumont.
it not so much that we want to buy him out its just that seems to be the best option for all concerned. We certainly dont need to pay a guy $4mil to be a healthy scratch and Im sure JP would rather be somewhere he could play. The question is whether he would waive his NTC to go to LI or if he would just take his buyout and then find a place that suits him better.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote