Thread: Prospect Info: 2011-2012 Prospect Talk
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I'm a fan of Gregoire, I think he'll be a good NHL player, but there's no way he's ready for an NHL job. He lacks strength and foot-speed, mostly, to be effective in the NHL right away. If he signs with the Islanders, I'd expect a year like Rakhshani's last year, at best - maybe a look for a few games if all goes well.

The College game is not a great gauge for NHL hockey, especially not for a player who's 22 years old and hasn't played pro hockey yet.

I thought Gregoire was a better player than Frattin every year in College. Frattin had an incredible season and Gregoire was hurt, but I don't think EITHER is NHL ready. Bozak was probably better than BOTH those guys and he's having a pretty tough time getting prime minutes so let's temper expectations.

This is not so dramatic a situation as many of us are making this out to be.
RB, I think Gregoire is anything but slow. His speed is not elite, but well better than average at the college level. I for one am not so cavalier as to not be unhappy that we lose a potential player. The more competition for roster spots the better, it brings the best to the top.