Thread: Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread
View Single Post
05-19-2011, 03:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
I will go ahead and predict that the player with most potential to be a star player isnt any of the the guys you mentioned but a 93 born Tomas Hertl from Slavia Prague. Right now 6'3 maybe even 6'4 center with tremendeus hockey sense and passing, he was able to be a extremly productive player in juniors despite constant setback due injuries( likely a result of growing about 5 inches in last 3 years, he was a midget at age 14) and illnesses ( he missed about 20 games this year with angina like symtoms that eventually required minor surgery). The reason why I'm impressed by him is that his game is built as of now entirely on his tremendous hockey sense and he has a potential to become a very strong player - he just needs time, he is very skinny as of now but that will change in few years and he already is a very solid skater, and once again he will be even better once he improves his fitness.
I dont know if he is draft eligible this year but he has label sleeper and late bloomer written al over him. The way he will be developed by Slavia will obviously play a big role but given the way they played their youngsters lately I think he is in a good situation.

P.S. I didnt see him play during this year U18, if anyone did please inform me how did he handle the speed of international play.
Hertl is 2012 eligible(late 93). Very talented player. Didnīt have the strongest championship though.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote