View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
k, so this was my first time having one, and it was a "house" beer, but i just had an IPA, and totally hated it. fwiw, my favorite beer is newcastle. so maybe my hating the IPA i had made sense, but damn, it was gross.
I'm not a fan of Pale Ale either. There are some that are ok but for the most part, it tastes like a roll of pennies. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is one of my least favorite beers. I'd rather have Coors Light.

Newcastle is a Brown Ale. Try Samual Smith's Nut Brown Ale. You can find it at just about any grocery store / liquor store. I believe they only sell it in a tall bottle with foil on the top. That is some good stuff right there. There are a few others I've tried. Rogue has a Hazelnut brown ale which is ok. Definitely not worth the money in my opinion (~$5 for a tall bottle) but it is good.

Another really good beer you find in the tall bottle section of any respectable liquor store, Fischer. That stuff is delicious. I believe it comes from France. Who knew the French made something good besides toast and fries?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote