Thread: News Article: Roloson Article...
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
hockeyfanvan25

vCash: 500
Pretty tough read...can't imagine losing a child so young, with so much potential, in that way. It must've been especially hard for Roli, not only losing a friend and promising young goalie, but especially as someone who's a dad himself to two boys who are a little younger than that. Sounds like this young boy had an impact on a lot of lives in his short life, including obviously Roli's. It was heartwarming too though to see yet more evidence of Roli himself being a positive influence and role model and making a difference in someone's life; I figured that out about him a long time ago and I can definitely say that he's been that for me personally. I agree, Roli is most definitely the man, amazing both on and off the ice. So many great articles about him these playoffs, focusing on so much more than his on-ice contributions; great to see TB media and fans recognizing and appreciating so many of the things us longtime fans of his do. I know he sometimes comes across in the media as being more aloof and not as outgoing as other players (the LI media call him "beloved curmudgeon"), but articles like this show that he really does have a big heart and cares a lot about the people and things that are most important to him, as well as making a positive difference in people's lives.

Last edited by hockeyfanvan25: 05-19-2011 at 07:21 PM.