Thread: News Article: Should Gilroy get a QO?
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
As history teaches us, it is quite possible that both Sauer and McDonah will have a a mediocre seasons as they will have sophomore year (something Giloy is already through). Who is going to play when McD would need to go HFD like DelZotto? What if injuries affect not only forwards? You never have too many defensemen.
We spent on G also more than any other team. Should we change that? This team cannot go anywhere for various reasons. Gilroy is none of them.
How much does Gilroy have in his development cycle? He's still rather "young" in terms of knowing the position, but that's not really what has been holding him back. It's his lack of physical strength. The guy is pillow soft. At 28, how much more strength does he have in his frame? I can't imagine him ever reaching a point where he's anything but weak on the puck. Unless he starts providing actual offensive contributions, that's a liability. A below average defenseman defensively that adds little offense.

As far as him not being part of our biggest problem--that may be true, but is he part of the solution? I don't think he is. I don't see him possessing any serious offensive capacity, which is what ought to be his bread and butter. Just because he's not our biggest problem does not make him a player worth bringing back.

It's all about the price with him. For $1MM or less, fine. Anything more is unnecessary.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote