View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 11:57 AM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Did any of you honestly think this team had enough depth to cover not having Comrie in the lineup? Christ,they don't have any depth "WITH" Comrie in the lineup and we have even less depth than last season!! To those of you who were sitting here going we'll should be fine with Smyth and the rest of these midgets at centre......we can now enjoy watching the Oil fight for 9th or 10th place if they're lucky. Everyone should accept that fact that this team has "no depth" at any position and all we can do is hope Salo steals a lot of points for this team..........and i wouldn't count on that happening either.
I know some of you might see me as a bad person for saying this, but i kind of hope he's right. I've been waiting for some time now for a decent rebuilding period ala the senators and canucks, after which the team will be solid in all areas. A few years down the pipes is ok IF we end up with a better team (through higher picks, cutting the dead weight on the team, etc) in the end. I for one, am sick of the oilers being doomed to mediocrity forever.