View Single Post
Old
05-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA! View Post
LoL I would say hes very much a better pro prospect then Rakhshani and awalys has been.
From Schlossman..Not only did Gregoire reach the 25-goal plateau, he did it despite missing seven games with a concussion. Where would Gregoire’s 0.71 goals per game rank among WCHA players in past years?
Even if he does prove to be better, it's only marginally. His production from a point standpoint was, on total, pretty similar to Rhett's over their first three respective NCAA seasons (Rhett with 101 in 115 games/ Jason with 109 in 120 games).

I'm not gonna bother worrying about WCHA in comparison to CCHA or who had better linemates, etc. Both have played for good programs.

Also, I'll wait to see if Jason can put up 62 points in 66 AHL games as a rookie before I buy a bit more into Gregoire's prospects as an offensive player.

At this point, Rakhshani does have the upper hand in the "what I've done to date" department.

Like other fans here, I'm conscribing to the belief that it'll be VERY hard to sign the kid once he hits UFA status, because even if they'd give him first rounder money, so too will likely more attractive NHL sites. If I'm Snow, I'd find out what Gregoire wants, where he'd most like to play, contact those teams and see if they'd meet his demands and then move him.

I suggested in another thread (or two, or three:-)) that maybe Snow could see if Detroit would take Nabokov, Gregoire and Joensuu for Ericsson and Hudler. Those are three assets that I think Detroit can and would like to work with (and who'd they be able to sign in Gregoire and Joensuu's cases) while certainly being much more affordable than Hudler (who seems to have worn out his welcome in DET) and Ericsson (who already turned down the 2 million per offer). At the same time, these two guys could each get a new lease on life and more responsibility in Islanderland.