View Single Post
Old
05-20-2011, 07:24 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
I'm a massive proponent of Starting Strength. Every single person who asks me about getting started in working out, that is what I recommend. However unless they are tiny little people I tell them to completely ignore the dietary recommendations and actually point them towards intermittent fasting as I've dropped from 330 pounds to 180, whilst my squat went from 140 to 300.

Essentially what I'm saying is that you guys don't need to be butting heads over this. There is more than one way to skin a cat you can both actually be correct. Fitness is all about individuals goals. There is no one way to do anything in life.
Agreed, im not really butting heads over SS, I think it's an outstanding program though, but there are many ways to get to your goals, my problem is some poster seem to think they have all the answers and if you're not doing it their way, you're doing it wrong. I've stated from the beginning that I'm very flexible in my training/diet and think others should be too, especially those looking to lose weight, ideally whatever keeps you coming back for more is what you should continue to do.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote