View Single Post
Old
05-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
umm...not really, The Hawks literally (this year especially) have been shoved down our throats. They've been airing Chicago games that are important to Chicago (point wise/standings). Like when the West got really intense down the stretch and everyone started fighting like crazy for those last spots, they aired so many Hawks games on Versus like the Hawks vs Wild, Hawks vs Blues, Hawks vs Sharks, games that were mainly important to Chicago. And then the announcers (Doc, Priere, Eddie, John Forslund, Daryl Reaugh etc...) were complete homers to the point that you actually felt like you were listening to Chicago announcers. Then of course the Canadian media (TSN & CBC) aired all the Chicago vs Vancouver games (because of the rivalry) and then on top of that, Versus also aired games that involved Detroit and Eastern teams (not to mention they had like 4 NBC games)...so yeah, Chicago got A LOT of air time this year...

You're right though that they are getting shoved down our throats because they're "the new golden calf" and also because they won the cup last year.
I see no issues with the Hawks getting on TV so much. From 97-08 we hardly ever were on national TV (Since they sucked) and of course Wirtz didn't allow home games on TV

Also I would add that the Hawks v Nucks was the best 1st round series IMO so I dont see anything wrong with TSN and others going with what may currently be the best rivalry in NHL

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote