View Single Post
Old
05-22-2011, 12:57 AM
North Metro Peewees

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
A possible idea Nashville/Columbus to the Southeast Division, Winnipeg to the Northwest Division, Colorado to the Pacific Division, and Dallas to the Central Division may be in the way of your dreams, unfortunately. It's amazing how one relocation can change the divisions of 3 or 4 teams and give 3 or 4 divisions new outlooks, affecting teams who stayed put in divisions with new additions and subtractions.
I've heard some of the same rumblings which makes no sense what-so-ever. First, the NHL should be looking to keep geographical rivalries from other sports and Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota are all in the same MLB and NFL divisions. Like it or not this carry-over does have an impact on the NHL, fans develop a strong dislike for both the other cities when we compete against them in most pro sports.

Dallas shares no geographical identity with those cities in other sports other than when the Stars were here competing in the old Norris. Unfortunately for Dallas that geographical dynamic died when they moved the Stars down south.

I believe the Wild will eventually move to the central only when Phoenix moves to Quebec (yeah I believe that will be the next move). My idea for Western Conference Divisions was this:

Pacific
LA
Phoenix
San Jose
Anaheim
Vancouver

Mountain
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Dallas
Colorado

Central
Detroit
Nashville
St. Louis
Chicago
Minnesota

Last edited by North Metro Peewees: 05-22-2011 at 01:51 AM.
North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote