View Single Post
Old
05-22-2011, 03:55 PM
dronald

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

Gary Bettman is on record as stating "MLSE does not have a veto" while the letter produced by Balsillie during BK from MLSE to the league directly disputes & contradicts Mr.Bettmans' publicly stated position. The author of the article also goes on to point out how the Hamilton-Niagara region is easily, hands down, a superior market to Winnipeg or QC, something thats as obvious & as plain as day to anyone who does an even cursory study of the matter.
That's the thing though, even though Hamilton is more viable than Winnipeg or QC the NHL knows that Buffalo and Toronto will cry, therefore they have to come up with any possible excuse other than the veto to keep a team away from Hamilton.

I would say though, that the biggest reason Hamilton does not get a team is because Bettman is busy putting teams in the South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Your kidding yourself if you dont think the NHL wouldnt just love to cash those Hamilton chips, and I believe they will be, shortly, as their financial storms get worse & worse & worse. They'll have no choice in the matter.
Perhaps, but I would still give it another 10 to 15 years before they finally come to their senses. It's sad, but true...