Thread: Proposal: Stastny to Montreal
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2011, 10:14 PM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
So just because he has more goals in 3 more seasons, Cammy is the better player?

You do realize that in over the next 3 seasons, Stastny would only have to score 24 goals a season. Which he practically averages every year. And you do realize that Stastny already has more assists than Cammy in 3 less seasons (see 2 can play that game).

Cammy is a goal scorer and Stastny is more of a distributor. Two totally different styles. Plus not to mention Stastny is the far superior defensive player at 3 years younger.

In my proposal Stastny is the best player exchanging hands, the Avs aren't going to give him away. Thus Cammalleri (top 6 winger), Tinordi (a top defensive prospect) and a 1st is probably a fair trade for a 25 year old 1st line center who will give you 75pts and responsible defensive play.
C'mon on man....I understand that you put value to Stastny and by taking some value away from Cammalleri. In this particular proposal, you succeeded at putting big time value on Stastny(rightfully so) but took value away from Cammalleri.
Cammalleri has proven that he can change the outcome of a PO series with his touch around the net. I understand he is no stud wen it comes to defensive coverage but he's no slouch at scoring goals in tight space.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote