View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
C'mon on man....I understand that you put value to Stastny and by taking some value away from Cammalleri. In this particular proposal, you succeeded at putting big time value on Stastny(rightfully so) but took value away from Cammalleri.
Cammalleri has proven that he can change the outcome of a PO series with his touch around the net. I understand he is no stud wen it comes to defensive coverage but he's no slouch at scoring goals in tight space.
LOL whatz??

Did you even read the thread or did you just respond to the last message you read? His message was a DIRECT response to the poster who said that Calmar-Larry had 72 goals more in only 3 more years. (which averages to 24 goals per season as mentioned ) [Stastny's avg is about 22 goals per year LOL)

It's funny because Habs fans seemingly will never learn. "Oh my godzzzz, we're not trading no PACIORETTY!?!?! Are you insane??? He's a franchise power forward!!!"

Yeah, I also remember the thread from 2006 when during their rookie year, Habs fans were adamant that Guillaume Latendresse was better and was going to BE better than Paul Stastny as well. How'd that work out??

Now, I think Max-Pac will end up being a good player but his career 49 points in 123 gp would suggest that he's certainly not there yet. If he comes out next year and puts up 30g and 60+ pts, he'll be well on his way but the small sample size you saw this season + the injury make these proclamations look about as valid as Harold Camping.

Please habs fans, by ALL MEANS, keep your Gomezes and Calmar-Larries. Stastny is a great fit on the Avs, still only 25 years old and the cap hit, FOR US, it not an issue. We're very glad to have him.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote