Thread: Speculation: Richards and Carter
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Nope, not even remotely one sided. It's just that you came along and your one trick pony comments have forced people to defend players that we never used to. Carter never had this kind of support till you came along. It forced us to really look at his game and realize he brought a lot more to the table than scoring. Same goes for Richards but not nearly to the same extent. So really, I'd say Carter owes you big time for turning a lot of people into fans of his because you pushed us to really scrutinize his play!
Good for the Carter support, if it came down to me changing people's minds about the play of a player and his value to the organization it must have been some real insight going on. Did I hurt Carter's feelings by my mean words about him not being as good as some may suggest or that his salary could be a huge boost to replenishing some needs in the organization. Boo-hoo. Toughen up people.

Quote:
Many of us have been here for years, through TSTSNBN right through to the run last year. We've had plenty of arguments and we've had a lot of emotion here, both good and bad. The participation isn't nearly as high but that happens everywhere.

As for the subject at hand, nice article today from Gormley in interviewing Richards:

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/flyers/

Seems like the captain and coach do talk, imagine that!
Yup, and look at this gem. Blaming losing the Bruins series on a couple of bounces....LOL.

Q: After sitting through the post-season meetings, is there anything that stands out as to what went wrong this season?

A: I donít know. Now that I have a little bit of time to reflect I think we got away from some of the things that gave us success. At the beginning of the year we had a lot of it and maybe we took for granted a little bit about how hard it is to win hockey games. When you start trying to do just the minimum to get by, instead of doing whatever it takes to win hockey games Ö I thought the Buffalo series we played extremely well and in the Boston series I didnít think so. But they have a good team, they had great goaltending and they got a couple of bounces. What you need to have success in the playoffs is health Ė we missed a couple of key players Ė and you have to get some bounces your way Ė post and in instead of post and out Ė and we didnít have that timely goal scoring, either.

Does this guy ever learn?? Take another shot at the media. Just deal with it.

Q: So it sounds like it would be a joy to play in Philadelphia and stay in Philadelphia if you didnít have to deal with the media.

A: If we could take you guys away it would be the perfect place, believe me.