Thread: Speculation: Sean Avery's role 2011-2012
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
xxxZENxxx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i dont see any way we keep wolski but get rid of avery. wolski is dead out there and we pay him more money. at least when avery isnt scoring he is still capable of getting 30 assists and noticable in other areas. he played well in the playoffs, if he plays like that next season we have a good line in prust boyle avery
Are we talking about he same Wolski, who along with MZA & Stepan, carried the offense of this team for a good month when injuries piled up? Was he a ghost at times? Sure, but so were half of the most popular players on this team. The problem with WW is that he doesn't do the other things like (let's say) AA does... so even when AA is virtually invisible on the ice, he can play a great two-way game. I personally think that buying out Wolski is a mistake, because he showed very good offensive ability at times this season. Many NHL players don't play great D and find a way to survive. Wolski hasn't mastered that, but I think that going through Torts boot camp will help him or at least show he isn't up to the task.

I'm not sure it is easy to compare Avery to Wolski. Both are defensive liabilities at times, but Wolski has WAY higher offensive ability and has showed that. I personally think that the only way Avery is on this team next year is if Richards is as well. You just can't be paying a 4th-liner that type of cash. It is the reason why this team has no money to spend on elite talent that can score. Too much money on the bottom 2 lines and 3rd D-pair.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote