View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
OK, let's say Brad Richards decides to resign with the Stars. Or The Kings trade for his rights at the draft and sign him before July 1st. Or The Leafs offer him a contract he can't refuse.

What is the Rangers Plan B?

I don't see any offensive free agents that excite me. Tomas Fleischman maybe but that's about it. Anyoine else out there?

So that leaves the trade market.

My initial thought is to inquire about Paul Stasny. He was reportedly available at the trrade deadline last year and he certainly fills the bill of a front line center. He, of course, comes with a stiff price...at least 3 young assets. But the alternative?

And one other thought -- what about Alexander Radulov? Would you trade assets for him? I would based on what I have seen and heard

Other thoughts?
Ok this one is a little off the wall and is purely for discussion purposes, I do not in any way support this as even I haven't really thought about but:

one of the things the majority of the board agrees with is that this team, barring a Long Term injuryto Hank will never be in position for a Top 5 pick.

another thing most of the board agrees with is that we won't get an impact player drafting where we do finishing somewhere between 8-9.

given those facts...does it make sense to offer sheet a really good young RFA?

Like I said I haven't thought about it myself, haven't even looked at who is available as an RFA...

discuss

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote