View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
I thought it was hilarious as well, that's why I posted most of it. He dismissed Brodeur as well, and recently Cox has been as vocal as anyone for Brodeur as the best goalie ever. Cox is probably a good example of someone whose opinion of Joseph and Brodeur completely changed from February 2002 to June 2003.

I don't mean to suggest I agree with every quote I post, just tracking the perception of Joseph.
I fully understand why Brodeur wasn't included. Devils choked as a team in 97 and 98 and while Brodeur was fine, goalies always get their share of the criticism. And in 99, Brodeur actually was bad for one of the very few times in his career, as Jagr made him look like a sieve (the one defining series of Jagr's career I mentioned earlier). So as of 1999, Brodeau had quite the rep as regular season goalie despite the 95
cup. Something he'd turn around between the 2000 Cup, 2002 Olympics, and 2003 Cup.

But uh... Back to this series, you're right that perception of Joseph in the media changed almost overnight...

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote