Unusual Predictions game - NYR style.
View Single Post
05-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Originally Posted by
1) Knee-Jerk reactions after losses from John Tortorella about his players catches up with him. The people in and around the team, the media, and the rest of the staff minus Sullivan start to turn and ultimately feel he is NOT the man for the job. Messier speaks out starts to make his presence known and the ďMessier eraĒ is born and a new Head coach named by Messier comes in at the end of the season.
2)Ryan Callahan gets off to the best start of his career as he nets 15 before the all star game.
3) The economy sets in hard at MSG this year with the lowest attendance records the club has ever had.
4) Rangers swing a deal with the Ottawa Senators for Matty Carkner bringing the physical element they wanted for their Blue line. Also officially cementing the 2010/11 NY Rangers as the BROADWAY Bullies! Flyer and Leafs games will be fun again!
5) Dale Weise makes the club as an extra forward and earns a spot on the team as a 3rd liner.
OK, so last season I basically **** the bed with my not-so-unusual, unusual predictions...
1) Torts actually seemed far more calm this year than in years past. I was way off on this one.
2) Cally got off to a decent start, but the injuries set him back
3) The economy definitely took its toll on the Garden. Numbers-wise I donít think it was as bad as my prediction, but it was noticeable this past season.
4) Ok, so the Rangers didnít get Carkner and the Rangers certainly didnít become the Broadway Bullies however, they werenít pushed around either.
5) Dale Weise did play ten games but didnít even score a point let alone play 3rd line duties.
OK, so being that the thread is UNUSUAL predictions, here we go...
Brad Richards July 1st. 5 year deal no trade clause. <--OK, so this in not so unusual.
Avery has a rebound season, and actually gets time with Richards and Gaborik on the first line. <--OK, so this is not unusual either!
Drury remains and captains the NY Rangers for the remainder of the season, Wolski ends up on the Carolina Hurricanes and has a tremendous season. <--Drury staying is obvious for cap restrictions, Wolski ending up in Carolina is well...Random!
All RFA's return except for one who gets dealt at the draft for a prospect plus a pick.
Ethan Werek makes the NY Rangers pay
View Public Profile
Lion Hound's albums
Visit Lion Hound's homepage!
Find More Posts by Lion Hound