Old
05-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Radulov isn't coming back to the NHL.

He still owes one season on his deal which he did not honor, so if he does return it's nothing to what he can make in the KHL this season. If Radulov had some balls and heart to show he can play in the best league in the world maybe, but I don't think he's that kinda guy myself.

Since we are on Nashville did we ever get anything for those FC for Jessiman?

Strong rumors say he might indeed come back to Nashville.

Quote:
Alexander Radulov wants to play for the Nashville Predators next season.

That is the latest word — maybe — according to General Manager David Poile, based on a conversation Wednesday morning between Radulov andPaul Fenton, the Predators’ assistant general manager.

Radulov has played the last three seasons in Russia’s Kontinental Hockey League and has served as a flashpoint in strained relations between the NHL and Russia’s hockey federation because he signed his KHL deal while still under contract with Nashville.

“[He says] he can get out of his contract,” Poile said. “I don’t know what he wants to do. … We [told] him … we can trade his rights, but he said, ‘No, no. I want to play in Nashville.’

“So that’s where we’re at.”
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...turn-predators

Dmitry Chesnokov wrote:

Quote:
Speaker of the Bashkortostan assembly Konstantin Tolkachev told Sovetsky Sport recently that the financing of the club will be cut considerably. Because most KHL clubs don't generate enough revenue from gate receipts, they rely on sponsorships and other financing. If there is less money coming in, Salavat won't be able to afford certain players.

Even though Tolkachev told Sovetsky Sport that Radulov "is definitely staying," I wouldn't be so sure.

KHL contracts are not guaranteed. Either a club or a player may terminate a contract. Evgeni Nabokov(notes) terminated his contract with SKA St. Petersburg last winter. Kyle Wellwood(notes) was released by his KHL club. The most popular explanation for contract termination in the KHL is that it is done "by mutual consent." Or when a club simply "releases" a player.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp4812

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote