View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 06:08 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I have interests outside of my job, don't you? I don't think it's right to criticize him for his interests outside of the rink. If I did, then my boss could do the same with me checking hockey news/hfboards from work, lol. Just saying that we all have hobbies unrelated to our jobs. Just because his are public knowledge doesn't mean that it affects/distracts him on the ice.
The question is, are you doing a good job at work and taking care of your duties/responsibilities? If you were, then I'm sure your boss could care less what you were doing. If you weren't', then your boss might have reason to question your involvement in "other activities" at work.... Thing is, Avery's game has fallen off the last 2 seasons and has showed no signs of coming back. This has coincided with his involvement in various ventures outside the rink. Whether or not there is a causal relationship there or not is difficult to determine. Avery's hockey career is quickly fading and he's not that old. If he doesn't have a bounce back season this year, I don't envision many teams (if any) being interested in his services when his contract expires.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote